Dear Travis:And so on. $5,092 has been awarded me for the short version of The World of Missing Persons. So I guess I know what 2011's going to look like, at least in part.
Congratulations! It is our pleasure to inform you that the Regional Arts & Culture Council is awarding funds for your Artistic Focus Project Grant Proposal!
Off the top of my head, starting next year I really need to:
- Contact crew (starting with coordinating Jon's return from NY to shoot);
- Find a producer and convince them to help me run the show and raise funds;
- With them, set up a Kickstarter and other events;
- Spend due time submitting like mad the last few films;
- Find a server, do some redesign (or hire someone) and get my websites (especially travisezell.com and ice9films.com) back up and running again;
- Write like a motherfucker, because TWOMP is not a workable script right now;
- Also keep some wheels turning on One Day in the Future and/or Dogsview Ln. -- or even possibly Ellipsis -- because this production is going to be the dress rehearsal for a much bigger project;
- Complete a script/draft I can submit to the Sundance Institute;
- Shoot The World of Missing Persons;
- Be in a position by the end of the year where I can actually begin my first feature production, including script, producer and crew, and budget or ideas for budget.
Piece of cake.
I tell you what. It's going to be a breezy year.